By visiting www.asset-remarketing.co.uk you are accepting and consenting to our practices as set out in this policy.
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulations 2018 (GDPR), the data controller is an employee of Asset Remarketing Services Ltd (Reg: 8631779) of Unit 7 Stuart Road, Bredbury, Stockport, SK6 2SR contactable on firstname.lastname@example.org
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following information about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.asset-remarketing.co.uk. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our sites, submitting reviews, subscribing for our newsletter or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion, and when you report a problem with our sites.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that communication.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our sites and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our sites including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
Examples of the information we collect and analyse include:
- the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet;
- login Details; e-mail address; password; computer and connection information such as browser type and version;
- operating system and platform;
- purchase history, which we sometimes aggregate with similar information from other customers to create features such as Best Sellers;
- the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our sites (including date and time);
- cookie number;
- products you viewed or searched for; and
- any phone number used to call our customer service number.
AUTOMATIC INFORMATION WE OBTAIN FROM YOU
We may also collect and analyse information about:
- your computer, including where available your IP address used to connect your computer to the Internet;
- login; e-mail address; password;
- operating system and browser type,
- purchase history, products you viewed or searched for, which we use for system administration purposes as well as reporting aggregate information. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our sites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our sites; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our sites is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you;
- To protect you and us against fraud;
- To develop and improve the services we offer;
- To assess your dealings with us, including pricing preferences;
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- To automatically register you so you have the option to sell online.
We may also permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to. If you do not want us to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please contact via email with your email address and the subject UNSUBSCRIBE to email@example.com
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- Employed by us to perform functions on our behalf such as, Collecting packages, sending postal mail and email, removing unwanted information from customer lists, analysing data, providing marketing services and processing payments.
- In the event that we sell our business or any commercial related assets, in which case we may disclose some of your personal data to the prospective buyer of such business or asset related activity.
- If Asset Remarketing Services or substantially all of our assets or shareholdings are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions or our Terms and conditions of Use and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Asset Remarketing Services, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection, credit risk reduction and the prevention or detection of crime.
We have summarised the rights that you have under data protection law. Some of the rights are complex, and not all of the details have been included in our summaries. Accordingly, you should read the relevant laws and guidance from the regulatory authorities for a full explanation of these rights.
Your principal rights under data protection law are:
- the right to access;
- the right to rectification;
- the right to erasure;
- the right to restrict processing;
- the right to object to processing;
- the right to data portability;
- the right to complain to a supervisory authority; and
- the right to withdraw consent.
You have the right to confirmation as to whether or not we process your personal data and, where we do, access to the personal data, together with certain additional information. That additional information includes details of the purposes of the processing, the categories of personal data concerned and the recipients of the personal data. Providing the rights and freedoms of others are not affected, we will supply to you a copy of your personal data. The first copy will be provided free of charge, but additional copies may be subject to a reasonable fee. You can access certain elements of your personal data by visiting www.rtabusinessesforsale.com/my-dashboard when logged into our website.
You have the right to have any inaccurate personal data about you rectified and, taking into account the purposes of the processing, to have any incomplete personal data about you completed.
In some circumstances you have the right to the erasure of your personal data without undue delay. Those circumstances include: the personal data are no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed; you withdraw consent to consent-based processing; you object to the processing under certain rules of applicable data protection law; the processing is for direct marketing purposes; and the personal data have been unlawfully processed. However, there are exclusions of the right to erasure. The general exclusions include where processing is necessary: for exercising the right of freedom of expression and information; for compliance with a legal obligation; or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
In some circumstances you have the right to restrict the processing of your personal data. Those circumstances are: you contest the accuracy of the personal data; processing is unlawful but you oppose erasure; we no longer need the personal data for the purposes of our processing, but you require personal data for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims; and you have objected to processing, pending the verification of that objection. Where processing has been restricted on this basis, we may continue to store your personal data. However, we will only otherwise process it: with your consent; for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims; for the protection of the rights of another natural or legal person; or for reasons of important public interest.
You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data on grounds relating to your particular situation, but only to the extent that the legal basis for the processing is that the processing is necessary for: the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of any official authority vested in us; or the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or by a third party. If you make such an objection, we will cease to process the personal information unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests, rights and freedoms, or the processing is for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes (including profiling for direct marketing purposes). If you make such an objection, we will cease to process your personal data for this purpose.
You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data for scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes on grounds relating to your particular situation, unless the processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out for reasons of public interest.
To the extent that the legal basis for our processing of your personal data is:
- consent; or
- that the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are party or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract and such processing is carried out by automated means, you have the right to receive your personal data from us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. However, this right does not apply where it would adversely affect the rights and freedoms of others.
- If you consider that our processing of your personal information infringes data protection laws, you have a legal right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority responsible for data protection. You may do so in the EU member state of your habitual residence, your place of work or the place of the alleged infringement.
- To the extent that the legal basis for our processing of your personal information is consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. Withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of processing before the withdrawal.
- You may exercise any of your rights in relation to your personal data by email or written notice, in addition to the other methods specified in this Section 8.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The new GDPR 2018 Regulations gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the GDRP. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you. All access requests should be sent in writing to: Data Protection Officer, Asset Remarketing Services Ltd, Unit 7 Stuart Road, Bredbury, Stockport, SK6 2SR.